So I did it. I went to the women's group last night.
It's always so awkward the first time, I wanted to get up and leave, felt I didn't belong.
Then we went around and shared and I talked about my situation and why I was there.
And it turns out I did belong, because half the women were there for the same reasons as me. They had fully healed husbands but were still dealing with their own struggles and demons of the past and the damage to themselves that had never been healed.
So I think this will be good. They were on step 2 last night and while they use the twelve steps they use a completely different packet for women only, with different viewpoints and insight which I think are going to be really good for me.
So while I've been completely derailed after Yellowstone I'm feeling ready to recommit to this program and give it another go.
That sounds like something that I need. Maybe next time around I will go to a women's ARP. Isn't funny how Satan works by making us feel so insecure?
ReplyDelete