Saturday, June 30, 2012

Disappointed

I hate to write a blog that is more reminiscing of a Grandma Bennett letter than an encouraging monologue.  BUT, I think it needs to be said.
I’m disappointed, saddened, discouraged, a little angry and not sure how to address my feelings. 
Am I stepping on toes?  I don’t care; I’ve put my heart and soul out here.  I’ve said and shared things that I wish I could snatch back and keep to myself forever.  I thought we were all in this together? 
I thought we all committed, yet I don’t see others sharing or talking or spilling their demented guts.
It’s just super inconvenient when we all decide to skinny dip our souls, yet I feel like I’m the only one that’s naked and vulnerable in the pool here (with a few exceptions). 
THIS works. 
PLEASE go to a meeting. 
Change is a process, not a singular event.  Trust me, I’m using this as my mantra every day, because this isn’t easy for me or any of us, and I know we all have those whispering doubts wondering if it’s worth the time, well it is.

4 comments:

  1. I am appreciate what you are doing and I promise to share some of the things that have come to me on this road to deliverance. I'm the naked one in the pool who you are trying to not look at: it's frightening. (and I have just fallen prey to that body image thing!) Cyndee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cross out the "am" with a big red pen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you yelling in this post? Cause the bigger letters and bolded print kinda gives off a yelling vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yelling? No that would involve exclamation points. I'm just keeping it interesting to the eye so you keep reading.

    ReplyDelete