While reading Principle 1 today I had several things stand out to me that I wanted to share. It's funny going through this book this time around different ideas and things written jump out to me that didn't before. And some of the things that I had highlighted asterisks by aren't as relevant for me. Different journey I guess.
"Whether we come to a broken heart by sinning, being sinned against or struggling futilely to perfect ourselves, we must all come to a place where we are humble enough to acknowledge that without Him we are nothing and can never answer the 'ends of the law' ourselves." (Colleen Harrison)
And for any of us wondering why we are here, why are we doing this program, this is my favorite scripture. Sometimes I'm so blind to my own weaknesses and faults, I feel like I know what the big ones are and I focus on them, when really they are just manifestations of deeper issues. This scripture makes me realize that sometimes I need the Lord's help to know what those deeper issues really are.
"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness...For if they will humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." (Ether 12:27)
(Sorry, this is Megan, not Tom. Didn't realize I was logged into his account.)
No comments:
Post a Comment