I was at a Stake Priesthood meeting last week when one of
the members of the stake presidency related a recent experience about
climbing Mount Humphreys, near Flagstaff.
He related a story from a particular group from our stake who had a young man that
struggled. In case you did not know, the
peak is 12,637 feet above sea level. I
am sure that I would struggle getting to the top of this peak. This young man had such great leaders that
they even carried his pack. Even with
this help he still struggled.
Ultimately, this young man had such a great leader that he told the young
man to hold on and he would pull him up.
This young man held on to his leader’s pack and ultimately made it to
the summit.
Right now I feel that we all have a huge mountain ahead of
us. I know that it is going to be
difficult for all of us at times. I hope
that each of us will remember each other.
Let us not leave anyone behind.
If you feel you are struggling and cannot make it, reach out to
someone. Please! Anyone can call me anytime. I will help drag you up the mountain during your
times of need and I hope that when I need help, you will take my pack and drag
me.
I pray that in the end we will learn to not
only ask for help from each other, but learn to hand over our pack to the Lord
and let him drag us up to the summit. I love all of you guys. I hope that we all make it together.
Shane, Nate, Tyler and Jim; I know it is not always easy to
express yourself openly. It’s a guy thing. Use this 12 step process. Do not be
afraid of the sensitive/spiritual side you may find within. As priesthood holders,
I exhort you to lead your loved ones who are participating in this quest to the
top of the mountain.
Thanks, Tom. I loved your comments and feel like I am climbing this mountain with the best mountain climbers the world has to offer - my family.
ReplyDeleteI love that analogy, Tom. Thanks for sharing it!
ReplyDelete