Monday, June 4, 2012

We all have emotional problems???

Okay, I just threw this blog together and sat there for minutes wondering what to make the address.  Then I simply put what came to my mind.

Jim always talks about "emotional problems" - usually it's with rolled eyes and referring to our young, of course, but when pressed even slightly he readily admits that he has as many emotional problems as anyone (and he even MORE readily admits that I do, too)....everyone does.  Even before we have a chance to create our own baggage in life, we carry that of our parents and their parents and so on...which can add up to an extraordinarily heavy load, indeed.

The only TRUE WAY to lighten that load is through the Savior's Atonement.  So I guess that's what this journey is about for me personally.  I want to further my understanding of the atonement.  I'm excited to take the journey with all of you who I love (and I say that knowing full well that part of our shared generational baggage is an awkwardness in expressing love, so please don't cringe, and I'll promise not to try to hug you when we're all a bit more healed).

I looked up the ARP classes in our area.  Jim and I plan to go on Sunday nights at 7:00.

And we'll be working through this book as we go, as well.  It focuses even more on the Book of Mormon and the atonement than the classes do (according to our Megan expert).

  

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture/title.
    Nervous and excited to start. Seen a lot of tender mercies this past week, this is what we are suppose to be doing, I have no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very excited too, but also scared. I also know it is the right thing to do. There are reasons we go through such adversity and in the end all of them good for us. In Isaiah it tells us that Christ will turn our "ashes to beauty" and He will.

    ReplyDelete